Old-Fashioned Peanut Brittle
Yield: 1 1/2 Pounds
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 can salted peanuts (7 1/4oz = 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/3 cups sugar
- Melt butter or margarine in small saucepan over very low heat. Add peanuts and salt; allow to warm.
- Place sugar in large thick skillet over medium heat. Stir continuously until sugar caramelizes into golden brown syrup.
- Stir peanuts into syrup quickly. Pour onto large buttered surface at once. With a big spoon, stretch and pull candy into thin sheet.
- Cool; break into pieces.
Source: Domino Sugar Bag
Back To Sweets