Yield: Enough for about a pound and half of pasta.
- 1 lg can (28oz) tomato puree
- 1 sm can (6oz) tomato paste
- 3 tbsp oregano
- 2 tbsp basil
- 1 onion
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped (optional)
Preparation: Chop onion, mince garlic
- Add tomato puree and tomato paste to a medium-sized pot. Add water (about 3/4 of the tomato puree can).
- Add oregano and basil, stir.
- Add onion, garlic and peppers (if applicable). Stir.
- Simmer for a couple of hours, stirring occasionally, until desired thickness. I like mine thick, like bubbling lava. Cover pot with a screen if you have one (it makes a mess). Don't use a lid. Stir more often as the sauce thickens.
Notes: Freezes well.
Source: Evelyn and Tim Kelly
Back To Sauces,Dressings,Condiments