- 1/2 dozen eggs
- grated cheese
- olive oil
Note: You can make frittatas with almost anything. The only really necessary ingredients are the eggs and cheese. We usually make them with onions and ham. If you use raw meat, make sure it is cooked before adding it to the eggs (the meat will cook a little bit longer in the oven). Possible ingredients - peppers, mushrooms, spinach, left-over pasta.
Preparation: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Chop up whatever you are going to put in the frittatas.
- Add olive oil to a cast iron skillet and heat. Sauté ingredients until just cooked. Remove the ingredients from the skillet and set aside.
- Mix together the eggs, add a little salt and pepper, and add to the skillet.
- Drop your ingredients into the eggs and use a fork to spread them around.
- Cook until eggs just begin to set. I cook the eggs until they look solid around the edges with a little bit of liquid still in the center.
- Top eggs with cheese and bake in oven for 15 minutes (cheese should be melted with some browning of the top.)
- Let the frittatas cool for a few minutes. Slice like pizza and serve.
Source: Martha Stewart and Tim Kelly
Back to Eggs