Original Buffalo Wings
Yield: 24 Wings
- 24 chicken wings
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 4-7 tbsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- salt and pepper
Notes: The Real Thing. Use maximum amount of hot pepper sauce.
Preparation: Cut and discard small tip of wings. Slice remaining portion into pieces by cutting through joint. Wash pieces well and pat dry.
- Salt and pepper chicken to taste.
- Fry until brown in hot oil.
- Remove chicken and drain.
- Mix together butter or margarine, pepper sauce, and vinegar in small saucepan. Heat mixture until butter or margarine is melted and sauce is hot.
- Combine fried wings and sauce in large container and shake until chicken is well coated.
- Serve with celery and blue cheese dressing.
Source: Teresa Bellissimo's Anchor Bar c/o Sunpapers 9/22/88
Back To Poultry Recipes