Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breast
- 10 medium flour tortillas
- 2 onions
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (optional).
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Black Beans
Notes: Top sirloin steak can be used instead of chicken.
- In a bowl, mix together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper. Slice chicken into thin strips. Place chicken and marinade in a large ziploc bag or bowl, mix together and set aside to marinate.
- Cut onions and peppers into strips.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions & peppers and saute for 3-4 minutes or until softened; transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add chicken to skillet and saute for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Return onions and peppers to skillet and saute for a few more minutes to heat through.
- Spoon a portion of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla and top with desired toppings. Fold the bottom of the tortilla up over the filling and fold in the sides. Serve.
Back To Poultry Recipes