Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 lg (28oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 lg onion
- salt and pepper
Notes: You can substitute ground turkey or chicken for the ground beef.
Preparation: Cut onion into mouth-sized pieces. The more onions the better I say
- Brown ground beef and onions in medium (4qt) pot.
- While browning ground beef, add about 6 cups of water and some salt to another pot. Bring to a boil. Add elbow macaroni, stir and cook for 4 minutes from the time you first put the macaroni in the pot. Stir the macaroni a lot so it doesn't stick. Drain macaroni and cool immediately in cold water. Drain and set aside.
- Drain browned ground beef through a collander and rinse with hot water. Return ground beef to the pot.
- Add cooked macaroni, diced tomatoes and salt and pepper.
- Heat through on medium-low heat.
Source: Tim Kelly
Back To Beef Recipes