Clam Chowder, New England Style
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 can clams, 51oz.
- 1 onion, large
- 4 slices bacon (optional)
- 4 or 5 potatoes
- 1 stick butter
- 3 or 4 cups milk, preferably whole
- Salt & Pepper
Notes: The onions, potatoes, butter and milk are just estimates. Adjust to your taste.
Preparation: Chop onion. Peel the potatoes if you want, I don't. Cut the potatoes into cubes.
- Brown the bacon in a large pot. Remove the bacon and set aside to cool.
- Add the butter and onions. Saute until the onions are translucent.
- Add the potatoes and just enough water to cover. Break bacon into bits and return to pot.
- Boil over medium to high heat until the potatoes are done, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the clams with the juice.
- Add the milk.
- Heat through.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Add more butter if desired.
Source: Can Label / Tim Kelly
Back To Soups